Quicken Loans Inc.
Promoted to create an outsized business impact by securing and optimizing the database environment at this mortgage service provider; ensured data reliability and performance by providing infrastructure support to the conglomerate comprising of 80+ database servers. Directed hyper-scale RDS creation projects and designed automated data processing solutions. Developed POCs for the latest database engines. Scaled the company’s cloud platform; led cloud-based software deployments.
- Provided seamless business application support for user operations in the East and West regions by deploying AWS Aurora RDS with global functionality and features; optimized RDS creation process by creating IAC modules; improved data integrity.
- Streamlined on-call issues by designing an application for quick issue resolution; used MySQL RDS for backend development and deployed on AWS ECS. Managed large-scale infrastructure deployment by employing IAC; performed testing using Circle CI.
- Supported key products by creating and maintaining MySQL servers; managed QLMS (70G data); supported applications like Confluence (50G data) and CatVd (100G data). Gained mastery of the application backend architecture.
- Improved monitoring and alerting in a large-scale cloud platform by setting up CloudWatch logs and alarms; set up database server restart and outage alerts by creating RDS event subscription using Terraform.
- Expedited the cloud infrastructure development and upgrade process by 1.5 hours by deploying a centralized, automated database creation tool which can be used for multiple AWS accounts.
- Achieved high availability and disaster recovery by leading database migration from on-premises servers to cloud.
- Avoided potential financial losses by ensuring high data availability and data integrity; set up database server replications for disaster recovery on 60+ MySQL servers. Performed troubleshooting and fixtures for any MySQL server issues.